Kiddie Commute Transportation Service
Kiddie Commute understands the pressure of being a working parent is tough. Having to juggle work, school drop offs and pickups are nerve-racking, Kiddie Commute offers the following services to ease the pressure:
Need to get to work early or on time? A certified Kiddie Commute driver will transport your child to school or early morning programs.
Need time for the gym or trying to avoid rush hour traffic? Kiddie Commute can help you get your kids where they need to be.
Have multiple kids that all have games or activities at the same time? We'd be happy to help by transporting your children to their games, practices or performances.
Camps run all year long but parents still have obligations. Kiddie Commute can take your kids to practices, games and summer/day camps.
Why Choose Kiddie Commute
Kiddie Commute is a full service transportation company for kids located in the greater San Diego area. Kiddie Commute is the only comprehensive service that serves the needs of parents and caregivers, offering safety and reliability.
Our certified drivers go through the following steps before being able to transport children.
Criminal/Background Screening through Checkr
Fingerprinting through the Department of Justice
Registered with Trustline which constantly monitors fingerprints
Department of Motor Vehicle Record Pull & constant monitoring through Samba Safety
Behind the wheel & classroom training
Kiddie Commute knows that your children are your most precious asset. There is nothing that you wouldn't do to protect them. We have taken every measure to ensure the safety of all of our passengers. All Kiddie Commute cars have passed 19-point safety inspections.
Kiddie Commute is safe, reliable and cost effective.
Listed below are some additional security features in place designed to add to parental peace of mind. Alongside some benefits of joining the Kiddie Commute family.
PEACE OF MIND MONITORING
GPS tracking (coming soon!) enables parents to see where there children are located from their mobile device. Dispatch agents tracking driver whereabouts at all time. Custom ID badges allows drivers to know who the parent has authorized the child to be released to. Parents also receive text alerts (upon request) when their child is picked up and once they are dropped off.
Our dedicated routes allows for the same set of friendly drivers to transport your children daily. We also have backup drivers on hand ready to dispatch in case the dedicated driver is unavailable. Drivers certifications will be visible in car at all times.
Your child will be excited to ride with Kiddie Commute! All our drivers have easily recognizable window decals on their vehicle. They are bright, colorful, and easy to recognize.
FLEX PAYMENT OPTIONS
At Kiddie Commute we are parents too, and have plenty of options to meet any budget. Pay per trip (0-3 miles), or subscribe to our weekly or monthly rates. We offer discounts for siblings and have flexible rates for longer rides.
All our cars have passed 19 point safety inspections. All cars are equipped with booster seats. Drivers undergo behind the wheel and in class defensive driver training to ensure uniform safety protocols.
Age appropriate music will be played in the vehicle.
What customers are saying...
Kiddie Commute Gives Back
We HAVE TEAMED UP WITH NON PROFITS AND EXTRACURRICULAR SERVICE PROVIDERS TO ENSURE SAFE, RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION IS AVAILABLE TO ALL STUDENTS.
1. Will my child be picked up from home or a pickup location? We are a door to door service. We will pick your child up from home and drop them off and sign them in (if applicable) at school.
2. What ages do you service? We provide service for grades K-12th grade.
3. Is my child able to be dropped off at a different location other than my home? Yes. We allow you to provide an alternate drop off location (max 5 miles). Requests must be made through customer service.
4. Can I pay in advance for the entire school year? No. Kiddie Commute offers 3 different payment tracks for parents, however, the maximum subscription is 12 weeks long.
5. Will my child be the only one in the vehicle? Our normal subscription packages are ran similar to a car/vanpool so other students may be transported with your child. This allows us to keep our cost low. We are an alternative to the school bus service that is in short supply and doesn’t provide door to door service. We do have a premium service for students that need a fixed pickup and drop off time. Please inquire about our packages.
6. Will it be the same driver that will pick up my child daily? Usually yes. We have the same driver normally, which gives the parents peace of mind and allows friendly face recognition for the child and school staff. We do have a backup driver for each route in place for unforeseen occurrences.
7. Do you have any sibling discounts? Yes. If students are being picked up and dropped off to the same location, for every two students one student will be 50% off.
8. Can we use you for our other transportation needs such as summer camp, concerts, birthday parties, extracurricular activities, and weekend? Yes. We offer service for all your transportation needs. Please inquire about our availability.
9. How do I reserve my space? Fill out the registration form and agree to the terms. After we receive your registration, one of our friendly customer service agents will contact you to confirm and finalize your registration. Once everything has been finalized you will be sent a link to make your payment via PayPal. Payments are due weekly or biweekly. Weekly payments must be made on Friday in advance for the upcoming week. Payments must received by 6pm.
10. Is there a deposit? We do require a non refundable deposit for start dates that are more than 2 weeks away to guarantee space and driver availability. Deposit is 1 week of your weekly rate and will go towards your total cost of transportation.
11. Do you have a daily rate? Yes. Our daily rate depends on the distance and time of day needed. We need a 48 hour advance notice to utilize and space availability is on a first come basis. Please call us at 619-254-6500 for a specific quote.
12. Where will the other kids be at while my Kinder child is walked into school or picked up from class? We make every effort to group riders that go to the same school. However, parents of Kinder students that have to be walked in and received from class, will incur an additional waiting fee that will be added to the subscription. Please inquire for more information.
13. What time will my child be picked up? We will provide you with the pickup time 1 week before the session starts. If there are any adjustments to the pickup time you will be notified 48 hours in advance.
14. My child is older and apprehensive about driving in a Kiddie Commute car. Do you transport older children? Yes! In fact, we transport many older students that want to take part in extracurricular activities that are not located in their neighborhoods. Our drivers will arrive (on request) without the decals so that no one will ever know your student is riding in a KC vehicle.
tHANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN kIDDIE coMMUTE! If you are not quite ready to register and have questions for us, please state that in the message box below and we will be in contact with you soon!